You’re desperate for your first taste of the mythical Green Fairy, the famous drink Absinthe, but you just don’t know where to begin and are asking “Where can I buy Absinthe?”.
There are just so many websites! There is a vast information of quality Absinthe on the Internet but it can be confusing. Here are some buying tips for finding a genuine vintage tasting Absinthe:-
– An economic way of getting the original vintage taste is to make your own Absinthe from top-quality Absinthe essences. The Absinthe Classics Essence kitfrom AbsintheKit.com charges only $29 for the manufacturing of 14 bottles of Absinthe. The kit is sold with a handy measure and 14 bottle labels. Traditional Absinthe herbs are used for the distillation of the essence and it makes an Absinthe with a thujone content of 35mg per bottle. AbsintheKit also sell 3 other Absinthekits and replicas of antique Absinthe glasses and spoons.
– Learn about Absintheas much as you can so you know what to look for. Visit websites like lafeeverte.One can buy it from realabsintheonline.com and absinthebuyersguide.com not only display product reviews but also displays most of information about Absinthe.
– An Absinthe which has both wormwood and anise should be bought. Some Czech Absinth is anise free and so does not have the distinctive anise flavor. One should avoid those Absinthes which do not contain wormwood as they are not real Absinthe.
– The prices of Absinthe should be compared. Suppliers who stock a variety of Absinthesinclude the UK company Thedrinkshop.com, absintheclassics.Visit com and absinth24.net.
– After getting the popular brands of Absinthe from reputable distillers evaluate prices between suppliers. These are the popular brands.
Sources to get Absinthe Classics?
Brands that you may want to consider are:-
– Sebor – Sebor Absinth is a Czech Absinth. One can get real Sebor Absinth with 55% worwmood content only at seborabsinth.com. It is a well-known Czech brand with a good reputation.
– Information of the Jade Collection by Ted breaux. These Absinthes have won several awards and were created by Ted Breaux who prepared his own vintage style Absinthe after researching vintage Absinthe and genuine recipes. Swiss style Absinthes and French Pernod style Absinthes comes under the Jade Collection. There is a wonderful collection. These Absinthes are available from websites like absintheonline.com.
– La Boheme Absinthe Original is another brand of Czech Absinthe. This Absinthe is produced from a 200 year old Swiss recipe and is explained as the finest Absinthe. It is available to order from originalabsinthe.com.
– La Ptite Absinthe du Val de Travers is a Swiss Absinthe distilled in Couvet. It is a clear La Bleue style Absinthe which is handmade and can therefore be hard to get hold of. absintheclassics is also available with stock sometimes.com.
– Absinthe Clandestine is a Swiss La Bleue style Absinthe. This Absinthe is distilled by Claude-Alain Bugnon, a former bootleg distiller. The base of it’s preparation is traditional La Bleue recipes and traditional Absinthe herbs with alpine plants are used in it. absintheclassics sells it.com.
Absinthe Roquette 1797 is named after the horse of Dr Pierre Ordinaire and is based on an 18th century recipe. It’s distillation process in Pontarlier, France, is same as in original 19th century alambics. A lot of websites sell this along with absintheclassics.com.
Doubs Mystique Carte d’Or, Absinthe Duplais, Lucid (created for the USA) and the Spanish Absenta Mari Mayans 70 are other famous Absinthes.
A person should not forget to serve his Absinthe in the traditional manner, using The Ritual. To do this you need to:-
– Pour a shot of Absinthe into an Absinthe glass.
– A lump of sugar on a slotted Absinthe spoon can be dissolved into the alcohol by dripping iced water over it. A person can get a chance to see the liquor louche due to slow pouring.
– Stir and serve – delicious.
A person can enjoy his quest to find the perfect Absinthe and also have fun by making his own or and trying different brands. This information is enough to get the answer of the question “Where can I buy Absinthe ?”.