If the Absinthe revival has arouse your interest in trying Absinthe, then you may be asking “from what site can you purchase Absinthe?”. Well, bottled Absinthe can cost high, over $100 sometimes, and it is possible that you may not be able to get it delivered to your country. Real wormwood Absinthes are hard to find because some countries’ legislation prohibit wormwood as it contains the chemical thujone. Absinthe can never be Absinthe without wormwood.
So, what is the answer?
AbsintheKit.com is a great site with an online store and shopping cart. AbsintheKit.com sell Absinthe essences, containing real common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), both to the Absinthe industry and to general customers. You can buy a 20ml bottle of essence for between $3.95 and $4.95 to prepare one bottle of Absinthe or you can purchase a kit that makes 14 bottles for between $29 and $39 – an amazing price!
Absinthe Essence Kits
The Absinthe kit from AbsintheKit.com include everything you need to make real Absinthe:-
280ml bottles of Absinthe essence can make 14 bottles of Absinthe.
– A plastic measure to measure out the essence.
– Artistic labels to decorate and label your finished bottle of Absinthe.
if you want a smoother Absinthe and want to make your very own bottle of the Green Fairy, mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of neutral alcohol such as vodka or Everclear and add some sugar (about 75g). Shake the bottle to dissolve sugar and your very own Absinthe is ready.
Essences that are Available
AbsintheKit.com sell Absinthe essences which contain real wormwood and the other traditional Absinthe herbs such as aniseed and fennel. The essences are manufactured using a high tech carbon dioxide distillation to ensure that you get a top quality essence.
The 4 essences are:-
– Absinthe Classics Essence – For green Absinthe with a thujone content of 35mg.
– Absinthe White Essence – This essence is for those who like the clear Blanche or La Bleue style Absinthes. It louches in a beautiful manner. Thujone content is 35mg per bottle of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – In this essence an extra ingredient of orange oil is added which gives a lovely orange flavor and a yellow-orange colored Absinthe. The Absinthe generally louches more easily because it has an extra essential oil in it. With the help of 35mg thujone this essence can also make an Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong – This essence makes a darker green Absinthe with a stronger wormwood flavor. Fit for those who want that distinctive wormwood bitter taste. A bottle will contain 55mg of thujone if made with this essence.
AbsintheKit.com ship products world wide, when you are over 18, and have customer support to give answers to any questions regarding your order or about using the essences. You can further find information with respect to their products and instructions on the website itself. AbsintheKit.com also sell the most beautiful replica Absinthe glasses and spoons such as a Pontarlier style glass and Eiffel Tower spoon – which is great to use with your homemade Absinthe.
You will be required to know how to prepare an Absinthe to drink once you have successfully produced your Absinthe. Method of consuming Absinthe is diluting it with water as it is not directly consumed. The ways you can make the perfect Absinthe
– Fill Absinthe glass with 25-50ml of Absinthe.
– put your slotted spoon or cuillere over the glass and place a sugar cube onto it.
– Slowly pour or drip iced water over the sugar to make an Absinthe with a ratio of 3:1 to 5:1 water to Absinthe.
– Look at the Absinthe while it louches as the water mixes in to the Absinthe. The reason behind louching is the presence of essential oils in the beverage which are not soluble in water. They cause the Absinthe liquor to go milky or cloudy – a beautiful thing to watch.
– Enjoy your real wormwood Absinthe drink.
So, which site is reliable for Absinthe purchase? You have to decide whether you want to buy a $100 bottle from a liquor site or make 14 bottles from $29!